SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPACT AT THE CONSTITUENCY
Through our Quarterly Town Hall Meetings (27 in the series), a feedback mechanism to ensure accountability and transparency, I have been able to interact more eﬀectively with our Constituents. In addition, we have been able to empower Constituents through the:
- Widows Economic Empowerment Scheme (WEES) – which has recorded one thousand four hundred and thirty (1430) beneﬁciaries
- 1300 Widows from the 13 LGs/LCDAs in the District were empowered with N25, 000.00 each to boost their existing trade or start one.
- An additional 130 widows received grinding machines and sum of N50, 000 each in March 2018
- Petty Traders Empowerment Capital Scheme (PETECS) with a total of seven hundred and sixteen (716) beneﬁciaries
- 650 persons received N20,000 each to re- capitalize an existing trade or start one (March 2012)
- Distribution of grinding machines and N20,000 each to 32 constituents (14th July, 2016)
- 32 constituents received N50, 000 to boost their trade or start a petty trade (March 2017)
- 2 Constituents empowered with Lagos State Central Business District kiosks and the sum of N50, 000 each on 5thAugust,
- Youth Empowerment & Skill Acquisition Scheme (YESAS) which has been merged with the Good Boys and Girls Empowerment Scheme (GBGES) and has produced one thousand one hundred and seventy-two (1172) beneﬁciaries
- 164 youth were trained in various skills and received business start-up kits and N40,000 each
- 10 youth shortlisted for participation in the 3 weeks Niger dock Short Course Training (SCT).
- Distribution of Tricycles and the sum of N 2 0 , 0 0 0 e a c h t o t w e n t y- n i n e ( 2 9 ) beneﬁciaries.(March 2016)
- Distribution of ﬁve (5) tricycles and N20,000 each (GBGES) in July 2016
- 10 block making machines and startup capital of N500,000 distributed to Constituents.
- Distribution of sewing machines and 5KVA generators to 50 youth who are into fashion designing. (1stSeptember, 2016)
- Sponsorship of Five (5) youth to the African Youth Initiative on Crime Prevention Conference which held in Abuja and Lagos in 2017 and 2018 respectively
- Presentation of sewing machines and twenty thousand (N20,000) Naira each to 79 Youth who had been trained in fashion designing(18thJanuary, 2017)
- 31 Tricycles and grant of N50, 000 each presented to Constituents on 24th April, 2018.
- Nomination and sponsorship of one (1) beneﬁciary to three weeks Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity Artisan Training Programme held in Abuja from 5th – 23rd April,
- 8 Sewing Machines were presented to the International Women’s Society (1st May, 2018)
- Fully equipped barbershop at Lagos Island handed over to a Constituent on 9t h September 2018
- Annual Elderly Citizens Assistance Scheme (ECAS) which, celebrates 1300 Elderly Citizens age 65 and above with cash and material gifts. We have had seven thousand eight hundred (7800) beneﬁciaries so far.
EDUCATION SUPPORT PROGRAMMES
- Post-Secondary School Scholarship Scheme (PSSS)
The second phase of the 4 year scholarship scheme commenced with 26 shortlisted beneﬁciaries from the 13 LGs/LCDAS within the district. This brings the number of beneﬁciaries under the scheme to ﬁfty-two (52). Each beneﬁciary received the sum of N100, 000 yearly for a period of 4 years. In addition 624 applicants who did not qualify in 2011 and 39 others that did not qualify in 2015 received grants to defray the cost of books.
• Distribution of GCE Forms
Annual Distribution of two hundred and ﬁfty ﬁve (255) GCE forms to Constituents.
• Muniru Muse U-12/U-15 Boys and Girls Soccer Competition
Annual sponsorship of the Muniru Muse U- 12/U-15 Boys and Girls Soccer Competition from 2012 to date
ZONAL INTERVENTION PROJECTS
- 20 seater boat donated to Tarkwa Bay Community
- Construction of Abimbola Jakande Obstetrics and Gynaecology Centre, Badore Eti-Osa
- Conventional and Solar Street Lighting in Gedegede, Eti-Osa
- Construction of Iyaloja-General Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Model Market (80 Lock-up shops and 60 open stalls), Oke-Ira Nla, Ajah
- Construction of Drug rehabilitation and Skill Acquisition Center Gedegede, Eti-Osa
- Construction and furnishing of one block of 3 classrooms with VIP toilets and borehole at Victoria Island Primary School, Victoria Island; L.A Primary School, Orile Iganmu; and Irepodun New Settlement Primary School
- Construction and furnishing of one block of 3 classrooms at Aje Comprehensive High School, Sabo ,Yaba, Lagos
- Construction and furnishing of one block of 3 classrooms, toilets and handpump borehole at Jamatul Islamiyyah Primary School, Igbo Efon Village, Eti-Osa; and Epiphany Anglican Primary School, Tarkwa Bay
- Construction and furnishing of Library at Ansar- ud-Deen Primary School, Bishop Aboyade Street, Victoria Island
- Rehabilitation of Jibowu Junior High School, Yaba; Ire-Akari Primary School, Orile; Banjo Primary School, Otumara-Ilogbo, Ebute Metta; Holy Trinity School, Ebute Ero, Lagos Island; Ansar-ud-Deen Primary School, Oke Popo, Lagos Island; and Teslim Elias Primary School, Oja-Oba, Isale Eko,
- Construction and furnishing of one block of 3 classrooms with VIP toilets at Christ Cathedral Church Primary School, CMS, Lagos Island
- Construction of Model Primary School with classrooms, Headmaster’s oﬃce, VIP toilets, furniture, library, clinic, sports ﬁeld, ICT centre and learning aid at Tarkwa Bay, Eti-Osa
- Provision of one block of 3 classrooms with VIP toilets, 5 sets of computers, UPS and printers to Iponri Primary School, Iponri; St. Clementina Primary School, Mosalasi, Surulere; State Nursery and Primary School, Arakan Barracks, Apapa; and Union Primary School, Oja-Oba, Isale Eko
- Rural electriﬁcation project in Ajiran, Igbo-Efon and Ilasan in Eti-Osa.
- Construction of toilet facilities with motorised boreholes in twenty-one (21) Primary and Secondary Schools. The beneﬁciary Schools include: Stadium Junior High School Iyun Road, Surulere; Iponri Estate Junior Secondary School, Surulere; Eko Boys High School, Surulere; Ilasan Junior Secondary School, Ilasan; Ogombo Community Junior High School, Ogombo; David Savage Nursery/Primary School, Apapa; Ire- akari Nursery/Primary School I & II, Apapa; Orile Nursery & Primary School, Apapa; Ajiran Community Primary School, Ajiran; Ikota Primary School, Ikota; Sangotedo Primary School, Sangotedo; Anwar Islam Elegbeta School, Lagos Island; Ebute-Elefun Primary School, Lagos Island; St. Peter’s Faji Primary School, Lagos Island; Ago Egba African Church Primary School,Lagos Mainland; Aiyetoro Primary School, Lagos Mainland; All Saints Anglican Primary School, Lagos Mainland; Abimbola Gibson Primary School, Surulere; Alaﬁa Primary School, Surulere; and Central Primary School Surulere, Lagos.
- Construction of toilet facilities with motorised boreholes in 20 Primary and Secondary The beneﬁciaries are: Irepodun Nursery and Primary School, Apapa-Iganmu; Araromi Junior High School, Sari-Iganmu; Apapa Junior High School, Apapa; Iganmu Senior high School, Apapa; All Saints’ Anglican primary School, Yaba; Herbert Macaulay Primary School, Yaba; Herbert Macaulay Junior High School, Yaba; St Francis Junior Grammar School, Yaba; Abimbola Gibson Memorial Primary School, Surulere; Aiyetoro Nursery/Primary School, Aguda; Akintan Junior Grammar School, Ojuelegba; Surulere Junior Secondary School, Surulere; Ikota Nursery and Primary School, Eti-Osa; Government Junior College, V/I ; Girls Secondary Senior School, Ikoyi Obalende; Aunty Ayo Girls Comprehensive Senior School, Ikoyi Obalende; Anwar-u-Islam Primary school, Elegbata; Isale Eko Junior Grammar School, Lagos Island; Epetedo Senior High School, Lagos Island; and Girls’ Junior Academy, Lagos Island.
- Construction of drainage at Nebara close oﬀ Ijora causeway, Ijora, Lagos. The drainage was 1.2 m wide and 500m long. Additional projects totaling two hundred and twenty million (220,000,000.00) Naira only under the 2018 National Budget. The projects are for provision of Toilet facilities with Motorised Bore holes in twenty (20) Schools within the District.
Through my membership of Committees, I have also been able to facilitate the following:
- Nomination of Fifty (50) Constituents for 3 months Skill Acquisition Training (2nd April-11th June,2016).
- 200 Youth nominated for Digital
- 10 Constituents nominated for Solar Energy Training Scheme (SETS) for technically based graduates.
- Nomination of 10 youth for 5 days Small Scale Business Enterprise Management Skills Training programme targeted towards artisans (17th –21st July, 2017).
- 125 Constituents nominated for 2 weeks Skill
Acquisition Training in Cosmetology at the National Directorate of Employment (NDE), Onike, Lagos. (2018)
- 300 Constituents nominated for National Directorate of Employment ( NDE) Skill Acquisition Training
- N160m TETFUND Special Intervention Fund for construction of 1,200 seater auditorium at Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education (AOCOED).
- N109m TETFUND Special Intervention Fund for the Michael Otedola College of Primary Education (MOCPED) School of primary and early child care
- N108m TETFUND Special Intervention Fund to provide the Lagos State University (LASU) with teaching and learning
- 1m TETFUND Special Intervention Fund for the Michael Otedola College of Primary Education (MOCPED) to secure a power generating set, computers, multimedia kits and e-library materials.
- N50m TETFUND Special Intervention Fund to Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education ( AOCOED), Ijan ikin for co n stru ction of additional lecture rooms.
- Installation of information and Communication Technology (ICT ) tools (palm tops, server and router, laptops, and solar charging points) at Aje Comprehensive High School,
- Construction of Healthcare Centre by the Nigerian Ports Authority in Tarkwa
Other Charities and Philanthropic Activities
New Era Foundation
An organization which focuses on leadership development by creating learning and development opportunities for the youth.
- Musical Youth Fiesta Initiative
Sponsorship of the Musical Youth Fiesta Initiative which annually, brings over 5,000 children from all walks of life together under an atmosphere of Music, Dance and Drama.
- Leadership Academy for Girls
A mentorship class for girls age 12 to 18, to teach them life values, morals and social graces.
Daughters of Zelophehad Ministry
To minister to the generation ‘next’ woman, prepare women for leadership roles, and raise godly families.